Free Speech in Higher Education
Monday, Feb. 18, 2013.
- 07:30 — Sharp eyed university censors notice half a dozen unauthorized communications chalked into sidewalks. “#PlaidSwag” looks suspicious. Superiors notified.
- 09:30 — University censorship action group (UCAG) concludes that a non-cyber information attack is underway.
- 9:45 — Vehicles parked over information attack sites to deter spread of dangerous ideas.
- 10:00 — Criminal incident information recorded.
- 10:15 — University powerwashing crews swiftly deployed.
- 10:45 — Non-cyber information attack threat diluted.
- 4:45 — Report on effective use of human resources forwarded to Superiors.
- Unfortunately, this is all true, except the part about the UCAG — we actually don’t know what they call themselves or what they call unauthorized chalkings.