An international history of communications media will be the focus of a third edition of Revolutions in Communication, but there is still a great deal to be done if the concept is to be realized. Suggestions and independent articles and essays are very welcome in this area. — Bill dot Kovarik at gmail and the usual dot and com .
- Reporters without borders
- Committee to protect journalists
- World press freedom committee
- Article 19 (organization promoting Article 19 of the UN Charter of Human Rights)
- Wire services (Reuters, AP, AFP, DPA, etc)
- EFE wire service (Spain, Latin America)
- Xinhua wire service (China)
- History of News Agencies
- Oliver Boyd-Barnett, News agencies in the turbulent era of the Internet (Catalonia, 2010). Available as a free e-book; excellent international resource.
- General history of newspapers and magazines
- List of all major world newspapers
- List of world’s leading newspapers by circulation
- World newspapers and media
Electronic and digital media