Intellectual Property Polices at Virginia Universities
- Virginia Tech — Acknowledges academic tradition but claims “shop right” / Disrespectful
- Old Dominion University IP policies — Faculty is obliged to assign ownership on demand / Abysmally draconian
- Assignment of Ownership Agreements If the University claims an interest in the intellectual property, the creator has an obligation to assign his/her ownership rights over to the University for subsequent assignment by the University to the Old Dominion University Research Foundation that serves as the University’s intellectual property management agency.
- George Mason IP policies — Faculty own all teaching and traditional work / Faculty friendly
- Virginia Commonwealth University IP Policies — Faculty own all teaching and traditional work / Faculty friendly
- James Madison University IP policies — Faculty own teaching and traditional work / Faculty friendly / Good distance education model